The South Orange & Maplewood School District, ELA Department are happy to announce a reading book distribution to support middle school students reading at home. The books will be available for pick-up from your child’s school on March 6th. The range of books selected aims to match each reader, and it instills the love of reading shared by the student’s teacher. The book bundle supports both fiction and nonfiction reading at the heart of all disciplines across all grade levels. Students and/or parents are invited to come during their school’s allotted timeframe to pick-up their curated book selection. Students/families should attend pick-up locations at their respective schools during the timeframes shared below. Additional grade-levels will be added in the future.
South Orange Middle School
Please see below for revised dates to the instructional request changes for families who wish to change their preference from virtual to hybrid. Parent/guardian request for changes should follow the deadlines and request format below:
- Monday, February 22, 2021: Parent/guardians must submit change requests to their building principals/administrators (you must provide your child’s name, teacher, and ID #). Please note all requests are based on space capacity.
- Starting the week of March 8: Students approved for a change request will begin hybrid instruction
Dear SOMSD Families,
With the return of in-person instruction scheduled to begin on Tuesday, January 19, 2021, the district wants to remind you that if your student(s) is eligible for transportation to their school you must submit a Transportation Request Form to the Transportation Department by Tuesday, January 12, 2021.
If the Transportation Request Form is not submitted to the Transportation Department by January 12, 2021, the district cannot guarantee transportation will be available for your student on Tuesday, January 19th.
Please submit the completed application via the options listed below:
- Email: Fill out and sign the transportation request form and scan or take a photo on your phone and email to: Tammy Talmadge, email@example.com
- Fax: Fill out and sign the transportation request form and fax to SOMSD business office: 973-378-9310
- Mail: South Orange & Maplewood School District | 25 W. Parker Avenue, Maplewood, NJ 07040
If you do not receive a 2020-2021 bus pass by Tuesday, January 19, 2021, do not place your student on the bus your child would be assigned to. The bus drivers are instructed to verify that students have bus passes for the current school year. Until you receive a 2020-2021 bus pass you will have to transport your student to school.n
If you need a copy of the 2020-2021 Transportation Request Form please click the link here to access the form: http://bit.ly/3s5bSDd
Thank you for your cooperation.