SOMSD COMMUNITY DIGITAL BACKPACK
Welcome to the SOMSD's digital backpack—where we post information about educational and enrichment opportunities in and around our community. This publication is being provided only to inform you of other community activities and opportunities. Please note our acceptance of publications for display here does not imply agreement with, endorsement or sponsorship of their content by the schools, administration, staff, Board or individual reviewing the materials.
- 2022 Maplewood Kids Summer Meals Program: The Maplewood Summer Meals Program in conjunction with the Township of Irvington will be starting their annual summer meals program from July 11 - August 19. All children 18 and younger are eligible (adults 19 & over in public/ private nonprofit school program for mentally or physically disabled are also eligible). Location: Maplecrest Park (next to Inspirational Dance at 1634 Springfield Ave) - Breakfast: 8:30am-9:30am | Click here to download flyer
- USDA 2022 Summer Meals Program: Text “Food” to 877-877 or call 1-866-3-HUNGRY for summer meals. For more information, please visit: http://www.fns.usda.gov/summerfoodrocks | View/download flyer
- Six-Week Small Support Group for Girls: You Glow, Girl will enable adolescent girls between the ages of 11-14 to address key issues impacting their self-esteem. In this small supportive group teens can share their experiences, gather resources, ask questions, and identify their personal strengths. Support Group Dates: 5/18; 5/25; 6/1; 6/8; 6/15; 6/22 from 5pm - 6pm. For more info or to register call or contact Gabriela Chimento, LCSW at (973)637-1745 or via email: email@example.com. Click here to download the flyer.
- Sunday, May 15, 1pm - 4pm: Durand-Hedden presents "Piece by Piece: Quilting Through the Pandemic" taking place at, The Woodland Parlor, 60 Woodland Road, Maplewood. | Click here to download the event flyer
- Wednesday, May 4, 7:30pm: Mental Health 101 (virtual and in-person) - the Essex County Mental Health Association will be providing an introductory presentation about mental health at Prospect Presbyterian Church, 646 Prospect Street, Maplewood, NJ | Click here to view/download the event flyer
ONGOING 2021-22 SCHOOL YEAR