Preschool News & Resources:
- COVID-19 SCHOOL-AGE TUITION ASSISTANCE FOR WORKING FAMILIES - English (9/22)
- COVID-19 SCHOOL-AGE TUITION ASSISTANCE FOR WORKING FAMILIES - Spanish (9/22)
- Preschool Program Update: Fully Funded for 2020 - 2021 School Year (7/28)
- Preschool Orientation Presentation (SY2021)
- Preschool Waiting List Updates (7/6)
- Updated Preschool FAQs (6/5)
- 2020-2021 SOMSD Preschool Update (6/4)
- Update: For Pre-registered families, as a follow-up to our 5/15 communication, the PreK lottery has been conducted and families will receive letters next week regarding placement. In addition, revised FAQs will be posted to the website late next week (5/22)
- 2020-2021 SOMSD Preschool Update (5/15)
- All Registration for In-Person Appointments are Canceled Indefinitely (4/23)
- Special Education and Preschool Programs - School Closing Information Regarding COVID 19 (3/15)
- 2020 - 2021 Preschool Registration Flyer
- Preschool Enrollment Webpage
- Preschool Curriculum Parent Brochure
- Information regarding the ESY Preschool Program for the 2019 - 2020 school year is available. Click here to learn more.
- PreK Program Letter Update – December 20, 2019
Preschool Program Locations & Partners:
(As new partners are added they will be added to this list)
Dr. Melody Alegria
Special Services and Youth Services
p: (973) 762 - 5600 ext 1841
Mr. Leroy Johnson
Supervisor of Preschool Education
p: (973) 762 - 5600 ext 1843
Ms. Bonita Samuels
Principal - Montrose E.C.C.
p: (973) 378 - 2086
Ms. Stacy Brutus
Resources & FAQs
Early Screening Inventory
All general education students who are new to the South Orange Maplewood District Preschool Program will be screened using the Early Screening Inventory - Revised developmental screening instrument. Click here to learn more.
Frequently Asked Questions
An FAQ has been prepared by educators and parents as a tool to answer essential questions the community may have. You can view the FAQ by clicking here.
For registration information please click here.