Long Range Facilities Plan (LRFP)
The District’s Long Range Facilities Plan (LRFP) received preliminary approval from the Board of Education on November 19, 2018. The repairs, renovation, and new construction work of the Long Range Facilities Plan will address the health and safety issues in our facilities and expand our capacity to meet growing enrollment. The first bond sale closed during the summer of 2019; since this time, architects have been working on architectural designs for District facilities. During this time, numerous meetings were held during the school year to finalize designs. On June 22, 2020, the Board of Education authorized the administration to send the elementary school designs for code review. Code review is a process where building code officials examine the designs to ensure they follow all building codes. Once code review is completed the projects will be advertised for bid and contracts awarded.
The District submitted six elementary school construction plans to the state for approval and received approvals for four locations in March 2021. Approvals to bid additions and renovations were received for Clinton, Jefferson, Seth Boyden, and Tuscan elementary schools. On March 11, construction bids were advertised for Clinton Elementary and Jefferson Elementary schools. Subsequent bids for the remaining two schools will be advertised in the coming weeks. Construction plans for Marshall, South Mountain Elementary and South Mountain Annex are still in the approval process.
The work being undertaken through the Long Range Facilities Plan (LRFP) initiative while a separate track supports the work and decisions that will be made concerning the SOMSD Intentional Integration Initiative. See more information and presentations below:
- Long Range Facilities Plan - Architect Videos
- Long Range Facilities Plan - BOE Presentation - June 13, 2019. Final presentation of the LRFP to the Board of Education.
- Final Long Range Facility Plan Presentation - November 19, 2018. Board approved resolutions to ammend the existing LRFP to include the Superintendent's recommendations from this presentation,
- Revised Long Range Facility Presentation - October 15, 2018, incorporating community feedback on original presentation
- Long Range Facility Presentation - Original Presentation Spring 2018