Preschool Transfers are handled by the Supervisor of Preschool Education & Related Services, Leroy W. Johnson, III: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grades 2 - 5, 7 & 8:
Information regarding the process of transferring to a non-designated school (in-district transfer process) for the 2022-23 SY may now be sent to: email@example.com
Per Policy #5124, parents/guardians may submit a request to transfer their child from their designated school to a different school in the District, including Seth Boyden and Marshall/Jefferson “Opt-In” requests.
The following will apply and be strictly enforced:
- All transfer requests must be submitted through the PowerSchool Parent Portal (Click Here For Instructions)
- Received by the deadline, May 16, 2022.
- Decisions will be based upon the guidelines outlined in Policy #5124
- Parents/guardians will be notified of placement decisions beginning August 15th
- For students placed through the District’s Intentional Integration Plan , the transfer form is NOT applicable and cannot be used to request a transfer. For the 2022-23 school year that includes students in grades kindergarten, first, and sixth grade.
- Student’s waitlisted due to over-enrollment, waiting to be reassigned to their designated school DO NOT need to submit a Transfer Request for placement in their designated school. Placement will be based upon enrollment and position on the waitlist.
- Families impacted by the redistricting of 2011 are not entitled to automatic placement. (these provisions no longer apply)
- Students placed in another school, not their designated school, who would like to remain enrolled in their current placement, should submit a Transfer Request, before the deadline (May 16) to be considered for continued enrollment in the current placement.
Students (Grades 2 - 5, 7, and 8) previously approved for a transfer request who wish to return to their designated school MUST submit their request using the PowerSchool Parent Portal. Consideration will be granted based upon space availability, in the order the request is received.
Students currently attending a school due to over enrollment (waitlisted students) may submit a transfer request if they wish to be considered for continued enrollment in their current placement. (Waitlisted / Closed Out students will be automatically assigned to their "designated / home" school at the end of the school year as space becomes available. Students will be placed in the order they appear on the waitlist and will be notified of their placement via email).