Preschool Transfers are handled by the Supervisor of Preschool Education & Related Services, Leroy W. Johnson, III: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grades 4 and 5:
Information regarding the process of transferring to a non-designated school (in-district transfer process) for 2024-2025 S may now be sent to: email@example.com. This transfer request is for elementary or middle school students who have not been placed via the District's Intentional Plan (III).
Per Policy #5124, parents/guardians may submit a request to transfer their child from their designated school to a different school in grades 4 and 5, including Seth Boyden, “Opt-In” requests (this does not apply to students placed by Intentional Integration).
The following will apply and be strictly enforced:
- All transfer requests must be submitted through the PowerSchool Parent Portal (Click Here For Instructions)
- Decisions will be based upon the guidelines outlined in Policy #5124
- Parents/guardians will be notified of placement decisions
- For students placed through the District’s Intentional Integration Plan , the transfer form is NOT applicable and cannot be used to request a transfer. For the 2024-2025 school year that includes students in grades kindergarten, first, second, third, and all middle school grades.
- Student’s waitlisted due to over-enrollment, waiting to be reassigned to their designated school DO NOT need to submit a Transfer Request for placement in their designated school. Placement will be based upon enrollment and position on the waitlist.
- Students placed in another school, not their designated school, who would like to remain enrolled in their current placement, should submit a Transfer Request, to be considered for continued enrollment in the current placement.
Students in grades 4 and 5 who were previously approved for a transfer request and who wish to return to their designated school MUST submit their request using the PowerSchool Parent Portal. Consideration will be granted based upon space availability, in the order the request is received.
Students currently attending a school due to over-enrollment (waitlisted students) may submit a transfer request if they wish to be considered for continued enrollment in their current placement. (Waitlisted / Closed Out students will be automatically assigned to their "designated / home" school at the end of the school year as space becomes available. Students will be placed in the order they appear on the waitlist and will be notified of their placement via email).