Preschool Transfers are handled by the Supervisor of Preschool Education & Related Services, Leroy W. Johnson, III: firstname.lastname@example.org
1st -12th Grade Students:
Information regarding the process of transferring to a non-zoned school (in-district transfer process) for the 2020-21SY may now be sent to: email@example.com
Per Policy #5124, parents/guardians may submit a request to transfer their child from their zoned school to a different school in the District, including Seth Boyden and Marshall/Jefferson “Opt-In” requests.
The following will apply and be strictly enforced:
- All requests must be submitted, in writing, on the appropriate District form, for the school year requested.
- All forms must be completed in full and signed.
- Received by the deadline, May 15, 2021.
- Decisions will be based upon the guidelines outlined in Policy #5124
- Parents/guardians will be notified of placement decisions beginning August 15th
- Kindergarten students placed through the District’s Intentional Integration Plan. Transfer Requests are not applicable to this grade level.
- Student’s waitlisted due to over-enrollment, waiting to be reassigned to their zoned school DO NOT need to submit a Transfer Request for placement in their zoned school. Placement will be based upon enrollment and position on the waitlist.
- Families impacted by the redistricting of 2011 are not entitled to automatic placement. (these provisions no longer apply)
- Students placed in another school, not their zoned school, who would like to remain enrolled in their current placement, should submit a Transfer Request, before the deadline (May 15) to be considered for continued enrollment in the current placement.
Students who wish to return to their zoned school must complete the REQUEST TO RETURN TO ZONED SCHOOL FORM if to be considered for placement in the zoned school. Placement in the zoned school will be based upon space availability.