Registration and Forms
Update - 1/7/2021
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE SEASONS AS THEY NORMALLY ARE FOR SPORTS HAVE ALL BEEN ADJUSTED TO ACCOMMODATE ALL SPORTS IN SOME MANNER DUE TO COVID. THE LIST BELOW PROVIDES DATES FOR EACH SPORT MOVING FORWARD FOR THE YEAR.
*BASKETBALL BOYS AND GIRLS- PRACTICES BEGIN ON JANUARY 11TH.
- Boys basketball contact is Coach Robinson - email@example.com
- Girls basketball contact is Coach Keegan - firstname.lastname@example.org
*FENCING GIRLS AND BOYS - PRACTICES BEGIN ON JANUARY 11TH.
- Fencing contact is Coach White - email@example.com
*CHEERLEADING - PRACTICES WILL BEGIN ON JANUARY 21 ST.
- Cheerleading contact is Coach Simmons - firstname.lastname@example.org
Coach Simmons will start virtual practices prior to in person practices on January 21 for
those who are cleared by the nurse. No one can pracitce virtually and or in person without clearance.
- I person practices will begin when Coach Simmons determines.
*SWIMMING GIRLS AND BOYS - PRACTICES BEGIN ON FEBRUARY 1ST.
- Swimming contact is Coach Keenan - email@example.com
*INDOOR TRACK BOYS AND GIRLS - PRACTICES BEGIN ON FEBRUARY 1ST.
- Indoor track contact is Coach Iraggi - firstname.lastname@example.org and Coach Faraone- email@example.com
*WRESTLING FOR BOYS AND GIRLS - PRACTICES BEGIN ON MARCH 1ST
- Wrestling contact is Coach Freedman - firstname.lastname@example.org
*GIRLS VOLLEYBALL - PRACTICES BEGIN ON MARCH 1ST.
- Girls volleyball contact is Coach Bas - email@example.com
AT THIS TIME ALL PHYSICALS FOR BASKETBALL AND FENCING SHOULD HAVE BEEN TURNED IN BY NOW. IF THEY HAVE NOT BEEN TURNED IN THEY WILL NEED TO BE BROUGHT TO THE MAIN ENTRANCE TO THE HIGH SCHOOL AND SECURITY WILL DIRECT YOU WHERE TO PUT THE PAPERWORK. PLEASE NOTE THAT IF PAPERWORK IS JUST BEING TURNED IN NOW FOR THE BASKETBALL AND FENCING SEASON THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT THE ATHLETE WILL BE CLEARED BY THE JANUARY 11TH DATE AS ALL PHYSICALS NEED TO BE CLEARED BY THE SCHOOL DOCTOR.
ALL PHYSICALS FOR VOLLEYBALL AND WRESTLING NEED TO BE TURNED IN BY FEBRUARY 15 ADDRESSED TO THE TRAINER MS. VANESSA CARNEY. SEE INFORMATION BELOW ABOUT PAPERWORK TO BE COMPLETED FOR PHYSICALS.
*BOYS TENNIS - BEGIN PRACTICES ON MARCH 26TH
- Tennis contact is Coach Reichentstein - firstname.lastname@example.org
*BASEBALL AND SOFTBALL PITCHERS AND CATCHERS BEGIN ON MARCH 26TH
*BASEBALL AND SOFTBALL TEAM PRACTICES BEGIN ON APRIL 1ST
- Baseball contact is Coach Muirhead - email@example.com
- Softball contact is Coach Smith - firstname.lastname@example.org
*OUTDOOR TRACK GILRS AND BOYS BEGIN PRACTICES ON APRIL 1ST
- Outdoor Track contact is Coach Faraone - email@example.com or Coach Iraggi - firstname.lastname@example.org
*BOYS AND GIRLS LACROSSE BEGIN PRACTICES ON APRIL 1ST
- Girls Lacrosse contact is Coach Ramos - email@example.com
- Boys Lacrosse contact is Coach Heningburg - firstname.lastname@example.org
ALL PHYSICALS FOR SOFTBALL, BASEBALL, TRACK AND LACROSSE NEED TO BE TURNED IN BY MARCH 15 TO THE TRAINER.
ALL MANDATORY PAPERWORK EXCLUDING THE ACTUAL DOCTORS FORMS CAN BE DONE ONLINE. THE LOCATION TO FIND THE FORMS IS THE CHS WEB SITE UNDER ATHLETIC REGISTRATION AND FORMS. ALL DOCTORS FORMS AND PHYSICAL PAPERWORK NEED TO BE DOWNLOADED AND HANDED IN AT THE SCHOOL TO THE ATTENTION OF THE TRAINER MS. VANESSA CARNEY. SHE CAN BE REACHED AT email@example.com
WE DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANY FORMS PERTAINING TO PHYSICALS FROM EMAILS.
AS ALWAYS IF THERE ARE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO REACH OUT TO
KEN MULLEN, INTERIM ATHLETIC DIRECTOR AT firstname.lastname@example.org
The link provided up to date NJSIAA protocols will allow you to see what is happening in the state of New Jersey in regards to athletics. The changes have been announced in Mr. Sanchez's notices to all students and parents over the past weeks. It is important to note that students will need to turn in their physical paperwork for any and all seasons as soon as possible. We do not know when changes will be made again by the state so it is best to follow up and get physicals completed.
Contact Mr. Mullen at email@example.com with any questions.
Winter Sports Information
- Winter sports physicals are due and turned into the athletic office by November 16,2020
- Information for Fall Athletes who now want to go out for a winter sport is provided below:
- All mandatory forms can be found on the CHS website under athletics. It is imperative that registration, other than physical forms (#2 see below) take place online. See next bullet point with the only exception to online registration of forms. Follow the provided link: Click Here (Scroll down to "Athletic Forms").
- The only form not able to be done online is #2 (pre-participation physical form). All four of these forms need to be completed and turned into the High School (see below location).
- All fall athletes in 10th, 11th, and 12th grades who participated in a sport in the fall will now need a new physical in order to participate in a winter sport. This is mandatory.
- 9th grade student-athletes from the fall season need to do a health history update questionnaire #11 on the CHS web site mentioned above under athletics. The physical that was done for the fall season is good for 365 days.
- A 9th grader who did not play a fall sport will need a full physical and do all forms on the website under athletics.
- Once #2 (per participation physical forms) are completed by the family and the family doctor they must be dropped off at the main entrance of the High School and placed in a box that security will direct you to.
Any forms not filled out will delay the athlete being cleared. Please note every form needs to be completed. No exceptions even if you feel you may not need to fill it out it must be filled out.
Reminder -- All physicals done by your doctor need to be reviewed by our district school doctor before one is cleared. This is state-mandated.
- Practices start on December 3, 2020 for all sports. Times and location of the first practice will be announced by the head coaches as we get closer to December 3. Sign-Ups will take place on a Google Classroom site for each sport which will be set up this week and sent out to all students.
- The season ends February 3, 2021 (unless a team is in the playoffs).
Any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
- CHS - COVID 19 Return To Play Protocols
UPDATE AS OF 7-22-20 -- IMPORTANT TO REVIEW AND DOWNLOAD NECESSARY FORMS TO BE TURNED IN. PHYSICAL CLEARANCE PAPERWORK INFORMATION IS DESCRIBED IN THIS DOCUMENT.
To All Perspective Fall Athletes And Parents,
Read the update and follow the directions below. Please contact the athletic office if there are any questions concerning fall sports at email@example.com.
*NOTE THE UPDATE PROVIDED IS IMPERATIVE TO REVIEW AND FOLLOW UP WITH ON DATES AND TIMES FOR ALL FALL CLEARANCE.
Online Athletic Registration
Please click here to access the district's online athletic registration system. If you want to verify that everything is complete and your child is cleared to participate, email firstname.lastname@example.org. You must still hand in a copy of the pre participation physical examination form (doctor & parent forms-4 pages).
Full Physical Checklist - Submitted once a year. # 1 - # 9 - *all but # 2 can be completed online.
- Letter to the Physician & Parents
- Preparticipation Physical Examination Form: Doctor & Parent. COMPLETE ALL 4 FORMS and submit.
- Cardiac Pamphlet - READ only, no need to submit
- Opioid Fact Sheet - Read only, no need to submit
- Emergency Contact - Cardiac & Opioid Sign Off Form
- Concussion Consent Form
- NJSIAA Banned Substance List - READ only, no need to submit
- Steroid Testing Consent Form
- CHS Athletic Permission Form
- Physical Update Checklist: If physical is over 90 days older than start of the sport. # 9 & # 11
- Health History Update Questionnaire - Physical over 90 days old. Submit within 90 days of start
- Manager Form