- Principal: Ms. Lynn Irby
- Assistant Principals: Mr. James Jennings & Mr. James Waldron
- School Hours: 8:15 am – 3:05 pm
- Grades / Programs: 6 – 8
The vision for South Orange Middle School, along with our other district middle school, is to be the top-performing middle level system in the nation by focusing on academic excellence, responsiveness to student needs, and social equity.
- Nationally recognized as a No Place for Hate School through the Anti-Defamation League.
- First class music and fine arts program with a thriving band, orchestra, chorus, select choir, and Art 2D and 3D classes
- SOMS staff and students regularly utilize technology on a daily basis.