WELCOME TO CHORUS AT COLUMBIA HIGH SCHOOL!!!!!!Ms. Jamie Bunce, Director of Choral Activities@columbiasings@unaccompdminorsEnsembles
The CHS Choir offers many exciting opportunities in vocal music both during and outside of the school day.
- Chorus class of 100+ singers that combines with the Symphonic Choir to perform as Combined Chorus
- No audition or experience necessary
- Daily, graded class/5 Fine Arts credits
- Focus: Building choir skills such as vocal technique and sight singing while learning a variety of music from across the globe and from many time periods
- At least two mandatory concerts per school year
- Concert attire: CHS Choir polo shirt and black dress pants or skirt at or below the knee, black dress shoes. No flashy jewelry, boots, strappy shoes or sandals, or cologne/perfume.
Canens Vocem, Vocal Ensemble, and Excelsior Singers:
- Three chamber ensembles perform together as Symphonic Choir
- Very competitive auditions held during mid-terms
- Daily, graded honors-level class/5 Fine Arts credits
- Collegiate-level chamber and/or large chorus repertoire
- Mandatory participation in festivals, competitions and community events in addition to the regular concerts
- Concert attire: Burgundy gowns and tuxedos (more information TBD), and CHS Choir polo shirt and black dress pants or skirt at or below the knee, black dress shoes.
- No audition necessary
- Meets after school on Mondays after the spring musical ends
- Members must be in chorus or registered for the next year.
- Competitive auditions in early September
- Rehearses each Wednesday from 3:30-5:30pm
- Performs original arrangements of popular songs at school and community events
- Members must be in a choir class.
Finally, all CHS students are invited to audition for the spring musical.