Preschool Enrollment Updates (as of 4/24/20)
2020 - 2021 Registration Dates:
- The cutoff date for 2020-21 Preschool registration was Friday, March 6, 2020 (by 4:30pm). Should additional seats become available, information will be posted on the district website
Should the number of applicants exceed the number of available seats; a lottery will be held to place students in for the 20-21 school year. Students who are waitlisted will be seated as space becomes available throughout the school year.
- Preschool Program FAQs
- 2020 - 2021 Registration Documents Needed
- Download 2020-2021 Pre-K Enrollment Flyer
- Pre-K Curriculum: Tools of the Mind (TOM)
- District Preschool Education Program
- Be domiciled (a resident) of South Orange or Maplewood
- Born on or before October 1st, 2017
- Will be required to complete the on-line pre-registration materials and appear in-person (via appointment) to provide the required documents needed to enroll for school.
Preschool Enrollment/Placement Guidelines:
- Eligible students will be enrolling for an opportunity to attend the Universal Preschool Program with placement at various sites throughout the District
- Placement will be based upon the number of seats available (a lottery will be held if the number of applicants exceeds the number of available seats)
- Waitlisted students will be placed as seats become available
- Preschool students with an IEP from a previous District; please email the Registrar directly for additional instructions.
- “Sibling Preference” applies to students who will be seated in the universal preschool program for the 2020-2021 school year. (“Sibling Preference” is when a child is enrolled in the same site/school for the 2020-2021 school year, the District will place the sibling at the same location, as long as there is space to accommodate the sibling and there are no restrictions with the placement).