REGISTRATION FOR 2021 - 2022 SCHOOL YEAR (Sept. 2021 - June 2022)
- Engish / Creole / Spanish Instructions
- 21-22 SY Preschool Registration CLOSED: Please be advised that preschool registration is now closed for the 2021-2022 school year. Families of students who remain on the waitlist will be notified by the Preschool Education Department (not the Registration office) of the next steps in the enrollment process if and when a seat for the 2021-2022 school year becomes available.
STEPS TO REGISTER/ENROLL
STEP 1: PRE-REGISTER ONLINE
- Complete an online registration application for each student enrolling. This includes new and re-enrolling students.
- Review the application prior to submission making sure the data entered is correct and ALL fields have been filled in. The system will not allow you to make corrections to the application once it has been submitted.
The PowerSchool Registration Support Team is available to provide comprehensive support to families who need assistance with the online application. They may be reached by calling 866-434-6276, or by visiting their Help Desk .
STEP 2: PROVIDE COPIES OF THE ENROLLMENT DOCUMENTS
- Access the Streamlined Checklist found in the Registration Documents section of the website, for a detailed list of enrollment documents.
- Place full page, legible photo copies of the items listed on the Streamlined Registration Checklist in an enclosed envelope (with the Student’s name, Parent/Guardian’s name, email address and phone number written on the front of the envelope) in the Dropbox located in front of the Board of Education (Location listed below).
- Once the documents for enrollment have been received, enrollment in the District will be confirmed via email. If any of the documents are missing/incomplete, the student(s) may be provisionally enrolled. Written notice, in accordance with NJ Administrative Laws, will be provided (via mail) listing the items which are missing/incomplete.
Applications will be processed in the order received.
Note: It may take up to three school days or more to review and verify the registration packet, residency documents, academic records and immunization records. As well as to confirm school/grade placement, create a schedule and/or assign a teacher.
Once complete a representative from the assigned school will contact parents/guardians with a start date, teacher assignment and/or scheduling information.
All of the above steps, including the submission of documents, must be received by the Office of Registration before an application can be processed.
Registration Drop Box
South Orange & Maplewood Central Offices
525 Academy Street, Maplewood