2020 - 2021 Registration Information
- Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, the South Orange and Maplewood School District and its buildings remain closed. ALL In-Person appointments have been canceled. ALL new student enrollments will be held virtually.
- 2020-2021 School/Grade Closures
- New! Withdrawals/Transfers Out of the District
- Preschool Updates
All parents/guardians who wish to enroll a child for the 2020-2021 school year must now complete their application process virtually. In-person appointments are not available at this time due to COVID-19 health and safety precautions.
VIRTUAL REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS
*Applies to new students enrolling to the District for the upcoming school year
STEP ONE: PRE-REGISTER ONLINE (CLICK HERE)
- Please make sure all fields are completely filled out.
- When entering contacts, please list parents/legal guardians and any emergency contacts along with all the information associated with each person. Ensure ALL email addresses for parents/guardians are entered.
- Provide previous school information for children grades 1-12
- Provide physician’s contact information (name, phone/fax number and address)
Please review the application once it is complete, as changes cannot be made once it has been submitted.
STEP TWO: DOCUMENT SUBMISSION
Please review the STREAMLINED REGISTRATION CHECKLIST for a list of all helpful items needed to complete the registration process. Also, review the school/grade closures for the 2020-2021 school year to see if your child will be impacted.
- Once the application has been submitted it will be reviewed and a link will be sent to the email address listed on the application for documents to be uploaded and transmitted electronically to the Office of Registration. (If you do not receive an email 2 business days after submitting your application, please check your SPAM folder first before contacting the Office of the Registrar)
- Once received, documents must be uploaded and shared with the Office. Any questions regarding the requirements may be sent in the comments sections and shared directly through the document collection system. Documents may be shared using a mobile device, a tablet or a desktop. PDF and JPEG documents are preferred.
- Upon completion of the submission, all documents will be reviewed for completeness.
STEP THREE: PHONE OR VIDEO INTERVIEW AND APPLICATION REVIEW
- Once received, the documents will be reviewed for completeness.
- Once completed, you will be provided with access to the Online-Scheduler/Calendar to schedule a phone or video conference interview (dependent upon mutual technology platform availability) to review the enrollment application. The interview confirms the information entered is correct before forwarding the record to the school for final enrollment.
- Please do not schedule your appointment until you have fully uploaded all of your documents.
NOTE: Those with a video conference appointment will be notified in advance and provided with a number to call. All others with phone appointments will be contacted directly by the Office.
[ALL school placements will be finalized upon the completion of the ENTIRE enrollment process.]