2020 - 2021 Registration Information
Preschool Enrollment Updates (as of 3/16/20)
Due to COVID-19 all District events are canceled until further notice. Pre-school and Kindergarten registrations and appointments are postponed until further notice.
We want to welcome you to the South Orange & Maplewood School District. We are pleased that you have chosen our District for your child’s educational experiences. Below you will find step-by-step information for the enrollment/registration process. The steps below pertain to all new students to the District. In addition, we have provided vital information for our youngest students, Kindergarten and Pre-K (please scroll down to find additional information registration windows for these two groups).
- 2020-2021 Kindergarten Registration Dates Now Available (click here)
- Universal Preschool Enrollment - Online Pre-Registration Application is Now Open (see Step 1 below)
- The cutoff date for 2020-21 Preschool registration was Friday, March 6, 2020. Should additional seats become available, information will be posted on the district website.
- For language assistance please contact the Office of Registration at 973-762-5600, ext 1830 or email@example.com
- PowerSchool Registration provides comprehensive support to assist families in accessing and completing online forms. The PowerSchool Registration Support Team can be contacted at 866-434-6276, or by visiting the Help Desk for further assistance.
- Parents/guardians MUST pre-register online, before booking an appointment
- Upon completion of your online registration, make an in-person registration appointment using the online appointment scheduler designated for your zoned elementary school (your registration will not be considered complete until you complete this 2nd step).
- ONLY a parent or legal guardian (with court documents) may register a child for school
Review the Registration Documents section of the website for a list of documents needed to complete the enrolment process. Parents/guardians must have ALL of the required documents with them during their in-person appointment to fully register for kindergarten. Failure to have the items listed may require multiple visits, the need to reschedule your appointment, or a delay in the enrollment of your child for kindergarten at this time. Please bring all of the required documents with you to your appointment as we are unable to receive faxes or print emailed documents.
NOTE: ALL APPOINTMENTS TAKE PLACE AT THE BOARD OF EDUCATION (525 ACADEMY STREET, MAPLEWOOD, NJ)
Kindergarten Enrollment Information
Parents/guardians wishing to register a kindergarten-aged student for the 2020-2021 school year, must pre-register online and make an in-person appointment during their ZONED SCHOOL week to complete the registration process. Only those applicants zoned for the listed elementary school will be allowed to complete their child’s enrollment during the specified week.
Seth Boyden Opt-In Request
The week designated for Seth Boyden Elementary School is ONLY for those zoned for Seth Boyden Elementary. Parents/Guardians who wish to “opt-in” to Seth Boyden must register their child(ren) for their zoned school first and submit a request to “opt-in.”
Preschool Enrollment Information