Student Devices During Hybrid Schedules
- During hybrid instruction, students are encouraged to bring into school the devices they used for remote / virtual instruction. The device type should be a Windows laptop, Apple laptop, Chromebook, Android Tablet, or Apple iPad.
- If a student is participating in a Hybrid schedule and has borrowed a Chromebook from the district, the student should bring the device to school during their in-person day.
- Parents are asked to walk students through how they connect their personal devices to a wireless network. This will allow students to become acclimated to connecting to the district wireless network.
- If the student does not have a device that they can bring into school, the district will assign a Chromebook to the student.
Connecting Student Devices To The District Wireless Network
Student Access - Personal Devices
Students can use their personal devices to connect to the district’s wireless guest network.
- Open the device’s wireless network connection manager.
- Search for the wireless network named SOMSD-Student.
- Connect to the SOMSD-Student wireless network.
- Open a web browser. You should automatically be redirected to a login page. If a login page does not appear, please navigate to https://126.96.36.199
- Type in your district login credentials (username and password).
- Username example - If the student's email address is firstname.lastname@example.org the username is 11111.
- Press Submit.
If you do not remember your username and password or the password is invalid, please ask your librarian to reset your login credentials.
Student Access - District Chromebooks
District Chromebooks should connect automatically to the district wireless network. If the device does not automatically connect, students should follow the steps below:
- Turn on the Chromebook.
- At the bottom right of the login / lock screen, select the time.
- Select Not Connected (If you see District-Chrome and a signal strength, your Chromebook is already connected to Wi-Fi).
- Turn on Wi-Fi.
- Your Chromebook will automatically look for available networks and show them to you in a list.
- Select District-Chrome from the list of networks.
Borrow A Chromebook From The District
If a student does not have a device that they can bring into school, the district will assign a Chromebook to the student based upon device availability. Please email email@example.com to request a device. A district staff member will reach out via email to coordinate pickup dates/times.