Parents/guardians must submit documents to support their child’s application and prove their residency on the District. Failure to provide the necessary documents will delay the processing of the enrollment application. Student placement will occur once the online application has been submitted ALL of the required documents have been received.
Download streamlined registration checklist: English | Espanol | Kreyol Ayisen
- Proof of Student Name and Age**
- Original Birth Certificate (with seal evident) or Certified Copy
- Adoption Papers
- Proof of parent/guardian’s identity
- Original Photo Driver’s License or Non-Driver License
- Original Passport
- Health Records
- Student’s Academic Information/Records
- Proof of grades/report card
- High School Transcript with a record of grades from each year the student attended high school
- Transfer Card or Withdrawal Form from the previous school
- 10-Digit NJ State ID Number (former NJ public school students only)
- Original Proof of Residential Custody (if applicable) for students living with one parent
- Custody order
- Court Order
- Divorce Decree
- Notarized Statement (when no formal order exists) from non-residential parent
NOTE: All documents must match the names listed on the birth certificates and all addresses must match the enrolling address.
All Applicants must provide documents from Proof of Address A and Proof of Address B. Proofs of address must be full-page copies.
PDF Statements may be provided for those with online accounts. Screenshots, online summaries, email notifications and forwarded mail will not be accepted.
PROOF OF ADDRESS A:
- HOMEOWNERS: Current Mortgage Statement (dated in the last 30-days) or a Current Property Tax Bill (online summaries will not be accepted),
- RENTERS: Current copy of your fully executed lease signed by all parties (riders not required) or a Notarized Owner/Landlord Affidavit, signed and notarized by the owner of the property.
PROOF OF ADDRESS B:
ONE (1) of the following dated within the last 30 days:
- Water Bill (NJ American Water or South Orange Water),
- Waste Management Bill,
- Sewage Bill,
- South Orange Disposal Bill,
- O. Garbage Bill,
Two (2) of the following bills/statements dated in the last 30 days:
- Utility Bill,
- Pay Stub (with name and address ** included),
- Bank/Financial Statement (from 2 separate institutions)
- Credit Card Statement (from 2 separate institutions),
- Cellular phone Bill, or
- Loan Statement (auto, personal or student)
Note: Residents who have recently purchased a home and do not have a mortgage statement or tax bill, may submit a Signed Affidavit of Title and the First Mortgage Payment Letter/Coupon along with mail from proof of address A or B to complete the enrollment process. All documents must have the South Orange or Maplewood address listed to complete the enrollment process.
PARENTS/GUARDIANS WHO RESIDE IN THE HOME OF A FRIEND/RELATIVE
If you reside in the home of a friend or relative, please provide ALL of the following:
- A copy of the friend/relatives driver’s license or
- All proof of residency documents, for the friend/relative according to the requirements listed above (proof of address A & B).
- A Notarized Owner/Landlord Affidavit (if the relative/friend is a homeowner) or a Notarized Resident/Tenant Affidavit (if a renter), completed by the friend/relative. Affidavits are found under the Registration Documents section of the
- Mail for the parent/guardian of the student being enrolled as listed above in Proof of Address
If you are experiencing difficulty with the enrollment process please email: email@example.com