SOMSD’s Elementary Choice Options
SOMSD provides elementary families with the opportunity to attend their zoned elementary school, or to “opt in” to one other elementary school, if space is available. Incoming families may be registered for a different district school than their zoned or choice school, in accordance with long-standing Board policy, if a grade is closed.
- Families zoned for Clinton, Jefferson, Marshall, South Mountain and Tuscan Can Opt in to Seth Boyden (all grades).
- Families zoned for Seth Boyden Can Opt in to Marshall (grades K-2) or Jefferson (grades 3-5)
All SOMSD elementary schools offer high quality education, use the same curriculum, provide the same related arts classes, have talented and dedicated professional staff, and offer similar optional after school activities.
Information on How to Opt In:
If you would like to consider opting in to another elementary school, more information and transfer request forms are available in the Registrar’s Office at 525 Academy Street in Maplewood, and on the District website in the registration section. If you choose to take advantage of the opt-in opportunity:
- SOMSD will provide free transportation to and from your chosen school if you live more than 1 mile away. If you are within a mile, your child will be considered a “walker” and you will be responsible for their transportation to and from school.
- Optional after school programming, such as Beyond the Bell enrichment classes and After Care (if available) through the South Mountain YMCA, will also take place at your chosen school, and you will be responsible for transportation home at the end of the day
Transfer Request Forms
- Transfer request forms for 2018-2019 coming soon.
Information About SOMSD Elementary Schools