Finance, Facilities & Technology Committee
Committee Charge 2014-2015 School Year:
- Engage the full Board in establishing budget priorities, both immediate and long-term, aligned to the 2015-16 and 2016-2017 adopted district goals in line with appropriate revenue estimates;
- Request on the Board’s behalf, analyses, presentations and monitoring reports focusing on the budget priorities or other topics related to the budget, including, but not limited to, a five-year financial projection to guide both the 2015-16 and long-range budget planning processes;
- Ensure that the analyses to project revenues, expenditures, savings and other data that will influence the budget are understandably and accurately presented to the public in a timely manner to maximize public engagement in the budget process;
- Manage the budget approval process with the full Board;
- Ensure budget-related line items and bonding levels are appropriate to address the district's facilities’ needs, are fiscally responsible and are aligned to district goals and policies;
· Update the Board of School Estimate on the budgeting process and priorities for the 2015-2016 school year and the progress of district facility projects;
· Recommend to the Board those priorities, actions and budgets necessary for the proper care and maintenance of district properties to ensure an environment that supports educational excellence, both in the near and long term, and to preserve the community investment.
· Recommend standards to the full board by which to monitor and communicate the status of all district real properties, their cleanliness, maintenance, facility improvements and safety and hold the superintendent responsible for meeting the standards.
· Recommend to the Board those priorities, actions and budgets necessary to provide a technology infrastructure that effectively supports instruction and administration for the 21st century.
· Accept and address other business referred to the Committee by the Board.
Approved: September 22, 2014 – Resolution #3198D
Committee Annual Work Plan
Click here to review the Finance, Facilities & Technology Committee Annual Work Plan.
Ms. Stephanie Lawson-Muhammad, Chair
Ms. Beth Daugherty
Ms. Elizabeth Baker
Ms. Johanna Wright
Staff: Ms. Cheryl Schneider
Mr. Paul Roth
Schedule of Meetings/Agendas
October 7, 2014
December 9, 2014
May 13, 2015
June 10, 2015