Excellence & Equity Committee
Committee Charge 2014-2015 School Year
Facilitate the monitoring of the district’s efforts to achieve equity and excellence by providing students with engaging and innovative academic opportunities that prepare them for college and career readiness; prepare for full board review of relevant information related to curriculum, assessment, professional development, student achievement, and academic placement.
Including, but not limited to:
- Work with the superintendent to prepare for a Review by the full Board information about curriculum, instructional programs and assessment;
- Review the District’s curriculum revision schedule and plan for long and short term issues coupled with a schedule of review;
- Monitor Strategic Plan redevelopment in line with Middle States Accreditation and implementation at CHS;
- Review development of Common Core Curriculum Standards (CCCS) implementation, preparation of Performance Assessment for College and Career Readiness (PARCC), International Baccalaureate MYP, Gifted and Talented programming and other related initiatives;
- Accept and address other business referred to the Committee by the Board.
Approved: September 22, 2014 – Resolution #3198B
Committee Annual Work Plan
Click here to view the Excellence & Equity Committee work plan.
Mr. Jeff Bennett, Chair
Ms. Stephanie Lawson-Muhammad
Ms. Maureen Jones
Ms. Madhu Pai
Staff: Ms. Susan Grierson
Dr. Patricia Barker
Schedule of Meetings/Agendas
June 8, 2015meeting cancelled