Name: Señora Dunne
Grade Level: 3rd /4th/5th grade
I'm Mrs. Dunne, your new Spanish Teacher. This year we will be exploring the language of Spanish and getting an introduction of the food, music and other aspects of Spanish speaking culture. You will learn how to communicate with people from Spanish speaking countries.
I look forward to teaching you the basic concepts and guiding you through this fantastic journey of learning another language. We will have a fun and successful year! ¡Hasta luego!
Here are the highlights of this class:
- Greetings (Introducing yourself and other people)
- Following commands in Spanish
- Identifying cognate words (words that are similar to English)
- Learning facts about Spanish speaking countries and their culture
- Locating different countries on the world map
- Creating simple sentences
- Identifying Spanish nouns, adverbs, adjectives, article, genders, numbers, foods, sports, dates, and more
- Telling time & weather
- Asking/ordering food
- Following directions around the city
- Learning about famous Latin singers